Saturday, June 11, 2005

"Free" medicalcare horror story

This same thing is happening in Canada. Don't believe those who offer something for nothing. Read the whole story for a glimpse into our medical future.

OpinionJournal - Extra: "There's No Place Like Home
What I learned from my wife's month in the British medical system.
...Suddenly we were in the hands of British Health Service, and after a battery of tests we were being pressured into officially admitting my wife to UCL. As we discovered later, emergency care is free for everyone in Britain; it's only when one is officially admitted to a hospital that a foreigner begins to pay. I didn't know that. But I did know that I was not about to admit my wife to a hospital that could not diagnose an obviously life-threatening affliction. And even after having given her an MRI, the doctors could not tell if she had a stroke.

No comments: