Monday, March 05, 2007

Steve has passed away.

County commissioner Steve Wisniewski passed away today, Monday, March 5, 2007.
A very good man. An irreplaceable County Commissioner. A wonderful father and husband. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Steve.

(in Monday's Muskegon Chronicle)
Commissioner, ill, bids farewell
Dear constituents, fellow commissioners and friends,
As I believe you are all aware, I have been battling a rare, fast-growing cancer for the last 20 months. During much of that time, I was able to continue working and representing the needs of the White Lake area at the county. As your elected county representative, I feel you deserve to know the current status of my health. After having had a bone marrow transplant and more chemotherapy, I have recently learned that my lymphoma is aggressively growing again and my prognosis is terminal.
To my constituents: As a lifelong resident of the White Lake area I remain devoted to its well-being. I have enjoyed getting to know so many of you through my previous business and as your commissioner. I am deeply saddened that my service to you as county commissioner from the 1st District is coming to an end. Thank you for electing me three times to represent you. Representing the "Jewel of the County" has been a privilege and an honor.
To my fellow commissioners: It has been a pleasure to be a member the board of commissioners with you. I am proud of our many accomplishments in the last four years and wish you continued success as you work toward the betterment of the county. You have my respect and admiration and I am pleased to count you among my friends. It is a joy to work with people so dedicated to public service.
To my many friends: Thank you for your support over the recent months. Thank you particularly for the warm greetings you extended when I was able to make a public appearance and for the support you have given Judy and me. It has been a great pleasure to be able to count so many of you among my friends. I wish I could tell each of you personally how much you mean to me.
I am grateful for so many things -- my wonderful family and friends, this beautiful area in which we live, and the opportunities life has presented me. I wish you all the same blessings in your lives.
Steve Wisniewski
Muskegon County Commissioner
1st District
Montague

No comments: