Friday, May 16, 2008

John McCain 2008 - John McCain for President


I got this e-mail from the McCain committee.
Do they really think conservatives will rush to his campaign with "eco-friendly" idiocy like this?
click to see eco-idiocy in action.

My Friends,
I have long said that I am running for president not to be someone, but to do something - to do what is hard, but necessary to address the challenges we face as a nation. In the coming weeks, I intend to address many of the great challenges that America's energy policies must meet.
One of these challenges is global climate change. Whether we call it "climate change" or "global warming," in the end we're all left with the same set of facts. Good stewardship, prudence and simple common sense demand that we act to meet the challenge and act quickly. And if we are wrong and climate change is not a threat, all we are doing is leaving a better planet for our children and lowering our dependence on foreign oil.
That is why I have proposed a cap-and-trade system that would set limits on greenhouse gas emissions while encouraging the development of low-cost compliance options. This is a market-based system to curb greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, mobilize innovative technologies and strengthen the economy.
With so much at stake in this election, it is more important than ever that we work together to secure our energy future, to create opportunities for American industry and to leave a better future for our children. I cannot succeed in my efforts without your immediate financial support.
Unfortunately, some have already begun to criticize my efforts to solve global climate change. My campaign must be financially prepared to respond to this criticism and that's why I ask that you follow this link immediately to make a donation of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or up to the legal limit of $2,300.
We Americans like to say that there is no problem we can't solve, however complicated, and no obstacle we can't overcome if we meet it together. I believe this about our country. I know this about our country. And now it is time for us to act with this resolve.
Please join my campaign today by following this link. Thank you for your support.
Sincerely,
John McCain

No comments: