Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A nice Walmart story


I just got back from Walmart (Henry St) tonight and had a nice bunch of pleasants.

Walking down the aisle, I noticed a grizzled older white guy stocking shelves. I remembered him from last summer when he assembled my grill (free assembly from walmart!).

I said "hi" and "thanks for doing such a great job on my grill.... I remember that you're the guy who put it together, nice job, I really like my grill... thanks and Merry Christmas".

I was just being nice but he BEAMED, REALLY beamed, and said "thanks.. we don't get too many compliments here....thanks"

I waved and pushed my cart on..... and saw a 40ish black guy pushing a broom... with a UofM hat on.

This affront need to be addressed so I said "Merry Christmas but I hate your hat"....

We had a 5 fun minute chat (while he broomed!)about MSU, UM, Muskegon Big Reds and how he wanted to wear his MSU hat but it didn't match his sweatshirt and ...what a nice and friendly guy.

I'm on my way out and I pass this (above) rack with Santa kid suits:


I don't have kids but how cool are these outfits!

A large, black 30ish gal is near me and I ask her what she thinks "they'd sure look good on my kids".

I said "Merry Christmas" she said, big smile on her face "Merry Christmas to you".

What a nice experience.

I'm tired of "experts and community organizers" telling us about "the 2 Americas" or "hate", "anger".

My town, Muskegon, Michigan isn't perfect but it's a pretty nice place to meet my neighbors and say "Merry Christmas".

No comments: