Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nearly all my professors are Democrats. Isn't that a problem?

Nearly all my professors are Democrats. Isn't that a problem?
"What I didn't realize is that journalism that examined the dominance of liberal ideas on campus would be addressed with hostility.
A professor who confronted me declared that he was 'personally offended' by my column. He railed that his political viewpoints never affected his teaching and suggested that if I wanted a faculty with Republicans I should have attended a university in the South. 'If you like conservatism you can certainly attend the University of Texas and you can walk past the statue of Jefferson Davis everyday on your way to class,' he wrote in an e-mail."

Ain't no problomo as long as we keep the cons out....right?

No comments: