Friday, November 27, 2009

Thank President Obama?


Shingles vaccine is available from our County health dept. for $15 if you're 60+.

If you've had chicken pox, you are at greater risk so it is a good idea to get your shot now.

The cost is very low for this relatively new and expensive vaccine because the federal government has funded a grant to keep the cost low.

The nice nurse who gave me my shot told me to "thank President Obama" because he funded the grant.

I suggested we thank the US companies and taxpayers who actually paid for the grant but she seemed to discard that annoying fact.

Last year, I went with a friend for his shot.
The nurse somehow forgot to remind us to thank President Bush.
And there is that congress thingy where they make spending decisions and stuff.....

No comments: