Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: The $2 Trillion Public Pension Hole and What You Can Do About It

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: The $2 Trillion Public Pension Hole and What You Can Do About It: "Populist Rage

That was page one of a three page article. I encourage everyone to read it all.

I am very grateful to Barron's for the opening sentence 'LIKE A CALIFORNIA WILDFIRE, populist rage burns over bloated executive compensation and unrepentant avarice on Wall Street.'

I get a lot mail suggesting I have been giving too much attention to unions and pensions. In reality, I have not been giving enough attention to the issue, or at least bloggers in general haven't.

There are a dozen blogs covering every aspect of the housing bubble, bailouts, and wall street salaries. Yet I am aware of no other major blogs covering the enormous pension problem in depth. Moreover, I have hardly shied away from bailout fraud, calling for the indictment of Geithner, Lewis, Bernanke and others on numerous occasions. Here is a list."

No comments: