Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Warning Regarding Michigan's $10 Annual "Recreation Passport"

A Warning Regarding Michigan's $10 Annual "Recreation Passport"
"If you're a Michigan driver renewing your license plate, you'll notice a new choice on your renewal form this year:

__YES! I want my Recreation Passport for an additional $10!
__No. This vehicle will not be used to enter state parks and recreation areas.

As a Michigan state Representative, I opposed legislation creating the 'Recreation Passport' because I knew the state intended to use the misleading language above.

Let me be clear, because the state is not:
You can select 'No' and still enter your vehicle into a state park or recreation area.
That is the law.
You will, of course, have to pay a (non-annual) gate fee, but your vehicle is not irrevocably banned for one year as the language above implies."

Isn't it refreshing that we have a US rep. who actually informs his constituents?

No comments: