Friday, March 04, 2011

Warning: After Reading This, You Will Want Ken Jennings to Be Your New Best Nerd

Warning: After Reading This, You Will Want Ken Jennings to Be Your New Best Nerd -- Daily Intel
"He has political insights:

Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Harry Reid (D-NV) both called me back personally in 2004 to try to get me to run for Orrin Hatch's Senate seat.
I am not making this up.
Win on a game show and you can apparently run for the US Senate.
That was when I realized the Democratic Party was f@#$ed in '04.

He shares self-deprecating Mormon humor:

1. Christina Aguilera was born Mormon. Not our finest effort ....

5. My Sunday school teacher, when I was a Mormon teen, once memorably advised us that 'There's nothing more overrated than sex, and nothing more underrated than a good bowel movement.' It totally worked ... I don't remember a single other sermon from when I was a kid, but I think about this guy exactly once a day, and then again once a week."

No comments: