Friday, September 23, 2011

OBAMA'S GONE COUNTRY: "I Blame Everyone" by Lars Larson is hilarious



"Obama Goes Country With 'I Blame Everyone, Man'

Recently, I kept hearing the president on the radio blaming hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, the price of gas, tea party members and everything under the sun for the failure of his ridiculous policies for America.
 I thought, “This sounds like one of those country western songs I love so much.
There has to be a way to put this to music.”

By co-incidence, a listener had just sent me a YouTube video of “I’ve Been Everywhere” (written by Geoff Mack in ‘59 and first put on the charts by Lucky Starr back in ‘62).
I contacted Kurt Van Meter, a bright young country/western singer/songwriter (his day job is police officer), and we teamed up for a parody cover of the tune.

It occurred to me that the president was trying to tell America, “The tsunami ate my homework,” so I sent Kurt a chorus line and a lot of ideas about the things I wanted to include in the lyrics.

We tried to work in everything the president has blamed (and a bunch of his other lame excuses), along with the names of folks who represent the right solutions for America (Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, the Tea Party, etc.), I regret he couldn’t work in my friend Mark Levin, as he is probably the best thinker in the business.

In two weeks, we had a scratch recording, which Kurt then fine tuned with help from producer Ron “Chicabowwow” Chick.

Here’s what we came up with."

No comments: