Sunday, October 02, 2011

I just ordered the Amazon Kindle Fire

This is what pushed me over the edge to make my decision:

So instead of downloading web pages one after the other and opening them on your computer, Amazon’s cloud stores and even opens them, sending you the end result.
This allows speedier downloads for a couple of reasons:
Caching of popular pages (or even parts of pages) avoids download delays when the original source is overloaded; and Amazon’s cloud can handle even the most processor-intense pages instantaneously, far faster than your wheezing desktop machine.
In short, your Internet experience on the Fire ought to be lightning quick.

But I wonder if the higher price of the iPad has simply moved my frame.
This may be the real reason I made my purchase:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-decision-lab/201109/pricing-and-framing-when-are-we-likely-pay-more-products

No comments: