Thursday, July 05, 2012

Candidate warns absentee voters need information about primary now

I sent this letter (last week) to MCC President Nesbary, the Muskegon Chamber of Commerce and The Muskegon Chronicle.

My hope was they will host forums, debates or otherwise provide concise candidate information so the voters (myself included!) can make informed decisions during the time when absentee voters are sending their ballots.

While I appreciate The Chronicle posting my LTE, I have yet to hear of any voter information available from the movers and shakers at MCC, the Muskegon C of C or The Chronicle.

One of the main reasons Muskegon is "muskegon" is we have voted for "leaders" who have made bad policy and spending decisions.

We citizens need more information about candidates if we are to make informed, intelligent voting decisions.

EyeOnMuskegon will host a special show this Sunday at 8:30-10:00am (EyeOnMuskegon.com)  on the candidates.

Hopefully more information will become available SOON from other Muskegon leadership centers.

Jim Riley

Letter: Candidate warns absentee voters need information about primary now | MLive.com
I'm sending this out to all in hopes that all you movers and shakers can get needed voter information out to Muskegon County voters before the voters actually make their decisions.

No comments: