Thursday, June 13, 2013

Franz Statement on Medicaid Expansion

RightMichigan.com || Franz Statement on Medicaid Expansion:
"Representative Ray Franz (Genuine R-101) issued a statement on Medicaid expansion:

I apologize in advance for the length of this piece, but this is a big and complex issue.
I find it somewhat amusing that some of the people who were worried that I would vote in lockstep with the Governor, now want me to rubberstamp his Medicaid Expansion plan.
I cannot and here's why:
First, this subsidized health coverage (benefit) is going to include a very large portion of our population - some say as many as 600,000.  
I believe it may be more.  
The benefit will go to those over 133% of the Federal Poverty Line.  
But that is based on adjusted gross income which takes 5% off the bottom and adjusts.  
So the 133% could be 140% of actual earnings - or more.  
When you consider that ObamaCare is forcing many in the service and retail industry to cut employee hours to under 29 - this has the potential of including far more than 600,000 people."

No comments: