Saturday, January 25, 2014

Riley's Wonder Rope! And the future of our healthcare?

Had 2 really bad days/nights cuz I couldn't get out of the bed. 
Took 2 hours of pain yesterday to slither onto the floor.… but the human mind triumphs! 
"Riley's Wonder Rope"!

This medicinal rope with the nifty bowline knot has many uses including ending it all if you can't get out of bed in time to make it to the bathroom.
But the most important use is as my bed-getter-upper.
I grab the sucka and am able to pull myself up so I can wriggle off the bed, salamander-style, with almost NO pain.
Very cool!
And we got it at Walmart!
Got up this AM with no pain and no fear of the "bed".
So life is fine.
We're going to walk around Breck today.
I've got my laptop so Honeybunch can dump me at the library if necessary.

Interesting insight into our medical future: 
The doc gave me percocet, but only 20. 
Scrip says take 2 every 4 hours. 
Math says that's less than 2 days worth.
So I'm getting low and call the hospital.
They say they can't refill, I must go to another doc and get the new scrip.
Soooo, I takemy 1st pills Wed. night. and yesterday I would have run out. 
I still have 8 left.
But if I needed more I'd have to wait for Mon morning and try to get a doc appt.
I suspect things aren't gonna get a whole lot better with BarryCare.
I'll be back!

No comments: