Friday, February 28, 2014

Choosing a Secure Password

Choosing a Secure Password - Boing Boing:
"So if you want your password to be hard to guess, you should choose something that this process will miss. My advice is to take a sentence and turn it into a password. 
Something like "This little piggy went to market" might become "tlpWENT2m".
That nine-character password won't be in anyone's dictionary.
Of course, don't use this one, because I've written about it.
Choose your own sentence -- something personal.
 Here are some examples:

 WIw7,mstmsritt... = When I was seven, my sister threw my stuffed rabbit in the toilet.

 Wow...doestcst = Wow, does that couch smell terrible.

Ltime@go-inag~faaa! = Long time ago in a galaxy not far away at all.

 uTVM,TPw55:utvm,tpwstillsecure = Until this very moment, these passwords were still secure."

No comments: