Monday, April 07, 2014

Saginaw sheriff expecting to be invaded by Flint?-------Prepared for disaster: Mine-resistant, bulletproof military truck added to Saginaw County Sheriff's fleet

Prepared for disaster: Mine-resistant, bulletproof military truck added to Saginaw County Sheriff's fleet | MLive.com:
""As sheriff of the county, I have to put ourselves in the best position to protect our citizens and protect our property," he said.
"I have to prepare for something disastrous."
 The MRAP could be used in a situation of an armored gunman with high-powered weapons, Federspiel said.
"They can go ahead and fire at that with a .50-caliber weapon and they're still protected," he said.  
"I don't think of myself as a 'doomsdayer,' someone who worries about the end of the world -- I don't," he said.
"But I have to think about what-ifs when I'm the sheriff."
He said the vehicle is part of that plan to be prepared for the worst.
Such an incident has not happened since he was elected sheriff.
"But that doesn't mean we won't have one," he said.
"We're constantly outgunned," he said, noting criminals could be carrying silencers, assault rifles and other heavy duty weapons, adding, "I need every tool I can get." "

No comments: