Monday, August 25, 2014

Retirees Plan to Leave Detroit After Armed Carjacking at Home

Retirees Plan to Leave Detroit After
Armed Carjacking at Home –  Deadline Detroit:
"Roger Weber of WDIV reports that a retired couple in their 70s, who were school teachers and long time residents of the city, are fed up and plan to move out of Detroit after the wife was carjacked in her driveway in broad daylight on Tuesday.
The couple has lived in the same northwest Detroit home in the University District for 27 years, and the city even longer.
"I love Detroit but I don't want to stay here," Shirley McKee, 77,  said. " I really don't."
WDIV reports that it started when McKee, who has has history of health problems including heart surgery and stroke, pulled into her driveway around 3:30 p.m.
"When I got out of the car this young man standing right at the tail end of the car with the gun, and he put it up to my head, right in my face," she said."

No comments: