Monday, September 15, 2014

For "Four Seasons" junkies-----Can't Take My Eyes Off You/The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore: Steyn's Songs of the Week

Can't Take My Eyes Off You/The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore: Steyn's Songs of the Week :: SteynOnline:
"Bob Crewe, who died last week, is best known for his work with the Four Seasons, not least because in fictionalized form he turns up on stage each night in the Broadway blockbuster Jersey Boys.
Kathy Shaidle dispensed with this aspect of Crewe's career in one line: "I don't care a rat's ass about the Four Seasons."
Rat's-ass-wise, I'm with Kathy.
Nothing against them, and, if you like "Big Boys Don't Cry" and "Sherry" and "Walk Like A Man", then you certainly owe a debt of gratitude to Mr Crewe.
He was, as they said, "the Fifth Season", and for most people that would have been a full-time job. 
But he found time to do all manner of other things, and almost all of them I found more interesting than his Seasonal labors."

No comments: