Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Missouri teen performs CPR and saves baby in Wal-Mart

Missouri teen performs CPR and saves baby in Wal-Mart | Daily Mail Online:
A Missouri high school student who has said she only learned CPR 'a couple months ago' used her know-how to help an 11-month-old baby last week.
Stepping in: Snodgrass (in blue) went toward the baby and performed CPR. She received CPR training at Hillsboro High School  Abby Snodgrass was at a Wal-Mart in High Ridge last Wednesday as a baby stopped breathing, KSDK reported.
'I was in the dressing room and I heard them call for the emergency over the radio,' Snodgrass said in an interview with the affiliate station.
'They said "No pulse, no breathing."
And I just ran over there.'
'She did not look like a normal baby, she didn't look alive,' Snodgrass told KSDK.
'And once I saw that no one was doing anything I asked if anyone knew CPR.'
Snodgrass, who attends Hillsboro High School, also said of her CPR training
'It was just a couple months ago in my health class.'
Speaking about the CPR, she told KSDK
'I was terrified. I remember thinking as I'm doing the compressions, what if this doesn't work? 
But I had to put it out of my mind.'

No comments: