Saturday, November 08, 2014

Who blew up the rocket?

Who blew up the rocket? | KurzweilAI:
"Profits are higher in the military business than in the consumer sector.
Far higher.
But why?
Because military procurement uses a method called cost-plus. 
If I make a plane that costs me $100 million to produce, you, the military, will pay me $110 million for it and guarantee me a profit. 
If I manage to bulk the cost of that same plane up to $150 million, you’ll pay me $165 million and my profit will go up 30%. 
The more I drive up costs, the more greenbacks I rake in.
Needless to say, under this system, the cost of all things military soars.
And the quality and capability goes down.
But quality and capability is a subject for later.
To guarantee its sweet and automatic profits, the space military industrial complex of today manipulates Senate and the Congress.
When they produce a product, they place bits and pieces of the manufacturing process in as many states as possible.
The more states, the more congressmen and senators will back the projects of the space military industrial complex in order to “save jobs.”
One project, the F-35 fighter, provides jobs in an astounding 45 states. 
Senators and Congressmen defend a project like that whether it is needed or not.
Whether it is capable or not.
And whether it is high quality or not."

No comments: