Friday, December 12, 2014

Protect yourself!!!------'I Slapped That Gun': Grandma Fights Off Three Carjackers

'I Slapped That Gun': Grandma Fights Off Three Carjackers:
"A group of carjackers may have thought this 67-year-old Indianapolis grandmother was an easy target.
They were wrong.
When one put a gun in Kay Kise's face and demanded the keys to her van, she slapped the pistol away and fought back.
“The next thing I know he's got a gun right in my face and he's telling me 'give me the keys to that van.'
I said, you're not getting my van and I slapped that gun to the side," she said.
In the ensuing struggle, she was pistol-whipped but her cries for help alerted a neighbor and the attackers fled when the woman ran outside.
Police believe the attackers were teenagers. Kise's left eye was swollen shut and she was treated at the hospital for broken bones in her face and bleeding in her brain.
More details from WISH-TV
According to an IMPD police report, the incident happened around 8 p.m. Sunday. Kay Kise, 67, said she had just finished Christmas shopping and was parked in front of her home in the 200 block of North Randolph Street.
She said three men approached her asking for directions, then one pulled out a gun and put it to her face. She said the men were demanding the keys to her van. Despite being outnumbered and unarmed, Kise didn’t back down.
...Kise’s granddaughters knew she was strong willed, but even they were surprised.
“Any other person would probably have kind of clammed up and gave up them the keys,” said granddaughter Ashley Howard.

No comments: