Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pedophilia Is Not a Crime, Says Rutgers Prof Margo Kaplan

Pedophilia Is Not a Crime, Says Rutgers Prof Margo Kaplan | News | Philadelphia Magazine
In the Monday edition of the New York Times, the Rutgers-Camden law professor, an NYU and Harvard graduate, takes to the op-ed pages to argue that we’ve got it all wrong when it comes to pedophilia. 
She writes that pedophiles don’t necessarily turn out to be child molesters and that pedophilia is not a choice, i.e. a pedophile might be born that way.
We reached her in her office in Camden to discuss.
Yes, but I have to be honest. I am getting more emails of support than I ever expected.
I’m shocked.
I expected to get maybe 95% negative emails, but I’ve gotten so many positive ones. 
The online comments, though, are pretty uniformly negative, and a lot of people haven’t even read the article.

No comments: