Wednesday, March 04, 2015

LIBERTY REVIEW

LIBERTY REVIEW:

http://libertyreview76.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-american-way-by-tammy-derouin-my.html

The American Way

By Tammy Derouin

“My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty of thee I sing…”  I remember singing this song when I was in school.  There was actually a time when children were taught about the exceptionalism of the United States.  Patriotic songs were sung, the Pledge of Allegiance was second nature and love of country was never in doubt.  The American way was not for sale nor was it to be compromised.  Outsiders, including our enemies and undocumented, illegal aliens, didn’t dictate what it meant to be American.   

The leaders of this country were once strong, independent, freedom minded individuals.  They didn’t cower or bow to the bullies of the world.  They didn’t pacify or appease our enemies.  Protecting our borders was an understood necessity.  Would any of them go home and leave their doors wide open?   Would they willingly risk the safety and the lives of their family members?


“Land where my fathers died…”  

No comments: