Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Our "educators" have destroyed our own honorable legacy------College students clueless about Holocaust, FDR, D-Day

VIDEO: College students clueless about Holocaust, FDR, D-Day | The American Mirror:
"Years ago, I got the idea for a novel about the last living survivor of the Holocaust. He would be a child survivor, born in 1939 as a hidden child in a Jewish ghetto, and would live there until his family went to Auschwitz.
...One publisher said he had to “suspend disbelief” with my premise that a generation down the road, people would know so little about the Holocaust, which prompted me to do a video on the subject.
Last fall, just before Nov. 11, I interviewed university students in Toronto, asking them about the Holocaust and World War II.
What they didn’t know would, literally, fill a book.
...Most students I spoke to that afternoon in Toronto had no idea what happened at the beaches of Normandy on D-Day.
They didn’t know who FDR and Churchill were.
Hardly any could identify the Allies; one thought the Allies were Germany and Russia.
The only student who knew how many Jews were killed in the Holocaust was Jewish himself. Another said, “I’ve heard of the Holocaust but I can’t explain it....”

No comments: