Thursday, April 02, 2015

Story About First Business to ‘Publicly Vow to Reject Gay Weddings’ Was Fabricated

Instapundit » Blog Archive » JOURNALISM: Story About First Business to ‘Publicly Vow to Reject Gay Weddings’ Was Fabricated …:
APRIL 2, 2015
JOURNALISM: Story About First Business to ‘Publicly Vow to Reject Gay Weddings’ Was Fabricated Out of Nothing.
"See, the attack on this poor small-town pizza place is what bothers me here. 
I’m at best lukewarm on RFRAs at both the federal and state level, and I have increasingly been of the opinion that Scalia was right in Smith, but I understand why a lot of religious folks fear that otherwise the state will reach right into their churches and ceremonies. 
And what’s really troubling here is the sheer meanness of the gay rights community, as shown in the aftermath to Proposition 8, the Brendan Eich affair, and now this.
I was in favor of gay marriage long before those Johnny-come-latelies Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
I may even have been in favor of gay marriage before Dick Cheney.
And nothing from the opponents of gay marriage has shaken my belief. The supporters, on the other hand. . . ."
UPDATE: Matt Welch: Burn Her! She Would Act Like a Witch in a Situation That Will Never Come Up! The anti-pizzeria mob loses its mind. 
Mobs enjoy mobbing. 
It’s fun for them."

No comments: