Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Dear PC Multiculturalists: #CincoDeMayo Is El-Stupido...

Dear PC Multiculturalists: #CincoDeMayo Is El-Stupido... » Louder With Crowder:
"Dear Politically Correct Multiculturalists,
I know, I know, I’m a racist jerk, blahblahblah. Just get that out of the way first so that I can continue on writing this letter.
Everytime May 5th rolls around, I never even realize it… until some moron blottoed on Negra Modelo wishes me a happy “Cinco De Mayo.”
I don’t know why I’m supposed to care.
Even worse, I don’t know why other people feel compelled to make me care.
It seems that every year, more and more people are pushing this as a legitimate holiday to celebrate in America for no reason other than to congratulate ourselves on our post-ethnocentric, Holiday tolerance.
And believe me, I use that word loosely.
Cinco De Mayo is barely tolerable.
Let me give you an example.
At the disappointing Mayweather-Pacquiao fight this Saturday, they played the Mexican national anthem. Only neither fighter was Mexican.
At first I thought that somebody running the soundboard made a horrible mistake by confusing Manny with one of the many other mini-sized latino boxers, until the announcer came and grabbed the mic.
“In honor of Cinco De Mayo…”
… It was May 2nd.
So not only do we have to act like we care on the day of, but we can now enjoy a useless countdown for the entire week prior.
Listen, if you want to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, fine.
If you want to act like Mexico today is anything other than a bastion of poverty, violations of human rights, corrupt government and drug cartels, that’s fine too.
Their food’s delicious and absolves many sins.
I get it.
But I’ve been to Mexico. 
Not just “tourist” Mexico, but the real Mexico where rich,white, liberal Americans have never dare set foot. 
Heck, most second-generation Mexican immigrants have never been… by choice. 
It’s not a place I feel inclined to celebrate..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denmark has the cleanest water compared to the United States: https://www.thewaterdeliverycompany.com/2018/03/12/countries-best-drinking-water/
Norway has the safest roads compared to the United States: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2019/11/30/norway-has-the-safest-roads-again/#2d4a2a6571a8
Also, German immigrant Gustav Whitehead was the first man to fly; not the Wright Brothers: https://www.foxnews.com/science/wright-brothers-flew-2-years-after-gustav-whitehead-researcher-claims
Finally, New Zealand has more freedom compared to the USA: http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/freest-countries/