Saturday, July 25, 2015

Girl’s Grandparents Give Her $90,000 Fund for College. Now That It’s Gone She Wants to Blame…

Girl’s Grandparents Give Her $90,000 Fund for College. Now That It’s Gone She Wants to Blame…: "A series of interviews on Atlanta-based “The Bert Show” introduced the country to 22-year-old Kim, who managed to blow through her entire $90,000 college fund in just three years.
The college junior has no way to cover her remaining year’s tuition of $20,000, and came to the show looking for advice.
But it wasn’t a new car, emergency medical operation, or large donation to charity that depleted her account.
Kim’s problems stem from something a little more sophomoric:
“I used it to budget for school clothes and college break money.
I probably should have not done that.
I took a trip to Europe…
I thought was part of my education and that’s how I tried to justify that.”
Kim used a voice changer and didn’t provide her last name to the show, which is probably a good thing since the young woman’s story is pretty much guaranteed to induce a facepalm.
From Kim’s point of view, there are only two people to blame for her current predicament:
“Maybe [my parents] should have taught me to budget or something. 
They never sat me down and had a real serious talk about it.”
Kim went on to explain that she went to her parents for more money, who refused any more handouts.
“They said there was nothing they could do for me.
They’re not being honest with me saying they don’t have [money] because my dad has worked for like a million years and they have a retirement account.
My parents suggested I go take out a loan at a credit union and I’m like, how am I supposed to do that?…
I have to go inside the bank to get a loan?”
The young woman said she would consider getting a job to cover her costs, but it’s just “so embarrassing.”

No comments: