Wednesday, July 01, 2015

LIBERTY REVIEW

LIBERTY REVIEW:

http://libertyreview76.blogspot.com/2015/07/dear-mr.html

Dear Mr. Franklin

By Tammy Derouin

When asked at the closing of the Constitutional Convention, “what have we got – a Republic or a Monarchy?” Benjamin Franklin stated, “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

My daughters were away when we lost the last branch of government.  Upon seeing them, my hugs were a little bit tighter than usual.  My oldest knew something was wrong but I couldn’t tell her at that moment.

How do I tell them that our nation is collapsing?  How do I explain that in addition to the legislature complying with the wishes of the executive branch, the judicial branch has fallen as well?  How do I explain that the American people allowed freedom to slip away? How do I explain our nation has fundamentally changed?

I began to write as if I were updating Benjamin Franklin on the state of our nation.


Dear Mr. Franklin....

No comments: