Thursday, July 16, 2015

LIBERTY REVIEW

LIBERTY REVIEW:

http://www.libertyreview76.blogspot.com/2015/07/glory-days-by-tammy-derouin-i-was-part.html

Glory Days

By Tammy Derouin

I was part of several conversations this past week which allowed me to reminisce.  I took several trips back to a time in my life which I refer to as my glory days.  It was a time when life was good.  Politically speaking, Reagan was in office.  Need I say more? 

My glory days were the late 1980’s.  I was an adult but I wasn’t over burdened with life’s responsibilities. Several friends from high school were still part of my life.  Coca~Cola was sold in 16.9 oz. glass bottles.  The entertainment world produced many television shows and movies that were worth watching.  I enjoyed the music and witnessed the birth of something called MTV.  The VJ didn’t replace the DJ.    

The names of  television shows and movies, as well as songs, performers, actors, events and popular activities were tossed about to see if others had similar reactions.  The excitement grew as someone would recall a personal flashback.  An entertaining story would follow.   Springsteen was right, “Glory days, well they’ll pass you by.”  It’s important to realize what you’ve got before it’s gone.

I’m not saying that life was perfect, because it wasn’t.  I think we all have a time in our life that we like to revisit. It only takes an image, a song or a location to take me back.  I knew I was enjoying life but I had no idea how important those days would eventually come to mean......

No comments: