Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Heartbreaking Reality Military Families Are Forced to Confront After Chattanooga | TheBlaze.com

The Heartbreaking Reality Military Families Are Forced to Confront After Chattanooga | TheBlaze.com:

"I care that I will never be able to let go of the fear that one day my husband or my friends will be targeted. I care that this kind of violence is happening in our backyards. I care that nothing is being done to allow our men and women in uniform to protect themselves while in that uniform.

I know they signed up to go into harm’s way for their families and their country. I know they volunteered to be sent to far-off places and defend us from the evils that hide in the darkest corners of this world. I just never expected that corner to be in Chattanooga. Or Fort Hood. Or a Navy yard in Washington, D.C.

They raise their right hand and swear to protect this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. What good is that promise if they can’t even protect themselves?"

No comments: