Sunday, January 31, 2016

See this movie!!-----13 Hours: a thoughtful war movie directed by Michael Bay... really?

13 Hours: a thoughtful war movie directed by Michael Bay... really? | Film | The Guardian:

“I’ve had just about enough of this 2012 Alamo bullshit,” says one of the besieged CIA security contractors in Michael Bay’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi.
And I know how he feels, considering how often it reminds me of every other movie of its kind, from Black Hawk Down through Lone Survivor, American Sniper, and such John Wayne flag-wavers as Sands Of Iwo Jima and – ah, there it is – The Alamo.
....As a lefty, I’m honour-bound to despise this movie, but I just can’t.
It deserves its place among the movies I opened with, and at the top of Michael Bay’s catalogue.

No comments: