Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chelsea Clinton: I Left the Church When I Was 6 Because It Opposed Abortion

Chelsea Clinton: I Left the Church When I Was 6 Because It Opposed Abortion | LifeNews.com
"In a new interview, Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of pro-abortion presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, says she left the Baptist Church at the age of 6 because it has a strongly pro-life position opposing abortions.
Clinton made the comment at a recent fundraiser for Hillary Clinton in an attempt to address evangelicals who question her mother’s faith in God.
She said she was upset when teachers in a Sunday School class talked about the wrongness of abortion.
“I find it quite insulting sometimes when people say to my mom, my dad or me . . . that they question our faith,’ said Chelsea.
“I was raised in a Methodist church and I left the Baptist church before my dad did, because I didn’t know why they were talking to me about abortion when I was 6 in Sunday school — that’s a true story.”
“My mother is very deeply a person of faith,” Chelsea said.
“It is deeply authentic and real for my mother, and it guides so much of her moral compass, but also her life’s work...”

No comments: