Saturday, February 27, 2016

GREAT!!-----SR-71 Blackbird Pilot Trolls Arrogant Fighter Pilot with Ground Speed Check.

SR-71 Blackbird Pilot Trolls Arrogant Fighter Pilot with Ground Speed Check. | Tribunist:
“...Dusty 52, Center, we have you at 620 on the ground.”
And I thought to myself, is this a ripe situation, or what?
As my hand instinctively reached for the mic button, I had to remind myself that Walt was in control of the radios.
Still, I thought, it must be done – in mere seconds we’ll be out of the sector and the opportunity will be lost.
That Hornet must die, and die now.
I thought about all of our Sim training and how important it was that we developed well as a crew and knew that to jump in on the radios now would destroy the integrity of all that we had worked toward becoming.
 I was torn.
Somewhere, 13 miles above Arizona, there was a pilot screaming inside his space helmet.
Then, I heard it.
The click of the mic button from the back seat.
That was the very moment that I knew Walter and I had become a crew..."

No comments: