Thursday, November 03, 2016

How My Husband Ended Up in Jail After Walking Our Dog

How My Husband Ended Up in Jail After Walking Our Dog
"...In 2007, my British husband got a ticket for walking our dog Henry without a leash in Washington, D.C. The National Park Service made it impossible to pay the ticket.
So, a newly minted citizen, Peter said he’d wait for his day in court.
I told him that was most unwise and that he could end up in jail.
I was right.
Overcriminalization is a serious issue in our country, and while Peter’s experience was trivial, it describes a terrible (yet hilarious) day.
Here’s an excerpt from my new book, “Let Me Tell You About Jasper.”
This story is written by Peter, explaining how he ended up in jail while I was working at the White House. 
When he was given his “one phone call” from jail, I was in the Oval Office briefing the president. True story.
With that, I give you: my husband, the off-leash criminal..."
Read on!

No comments: