"Ding dong! The witch is dead!
Or at least that’s how the families of the 78,000 murdered victims of Fidel Castro, those who fled his dictatorship, and those who love freedom responded when the news of the dictator’s death was reported on Sunday.
Castro was a tyrant who imposed communism on Cuba for over 60 years while torturing and killing tens of thousands more who disagreed with him.
Under his heavy-handed rule, Cubans were living in poverty, an island nearly frozen in time since before Castro assumed power, while he and his brother lived in extreme luxury.
But as shocking as it might be to believe, there are some—including a handful of world leaders—who are in mourning.
One is President Barack Obama who failed to mention any of Castro’s atrocities over the decades, but said: “History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure … ”
...Highlighting exactly what Castro did and how he treated people during his 60-year reign is the most effective way to make your argument.
- For example, Jehovah’s Witnesses, gays, and other “undesirables” were rounded up and sent to work camps—or UMAPs. Sound familiar?
- Further, there was no religious liberty under Castro.
- Dissidents were tortured, imprisoned, or killed.
- So extreme was Castro’s control, he banned Christmas for 30 years. (Bah humbug!)
- Instead of liberty, firing squads, disappearing friends and neighbors, and families torn apart were hallmarks of the past six decades.
- Castro killed Cubans.
- Castro killed Americans.
- Castro once destroyed 41 Cubans—mostly women and children—trying to flee his regime by sinking their tugboat.
- The total of the Castro regime death toll may never be known, but estimates approach 100,000..."