Friday, December 16, 2016

White House chief of staff claims Obama is the ‘most Catholic’ of American presidents – TheBlaze

White House chief of staff claims Obama is the ‘most Catholic’ of American presidents – TheBlaze:

"White House chief of staff Denis McDonough stated Wednesday that President Barack Obama is the “most Catholic” of American presidents.

The claim came during a discussion with David Axelrod on his podcast “The Axe Files.” Axelrod, Obama’s former senior adviser, said that the president often describes being raised in a “spiritual tradition” rather than a “religious tradition.”

McDonough concurred that Obama is spiritual. “Look, I say to him, Axe, and I think I’ve said this to him in your presence, and I’ve said this publicly before, I think this is our most Catholic of presidents,” he said. “And I mean that by capital ‘C’ Catholic in what I see and what he does everyday.”"

No comments: