Minority students at U-Md. issue 64 demands, including prayer rooms in every major building and shuttles to Muslim center - The Washington Post:
"A coalition of 25 student organizations representing eight minority communities at the University of Maryland has presented a list of 64 demands to the administration.
They include increased mental-health support and scholarships for marginalized students, as well as prayer rooms in every “major” building and shuttle service for Muslim students to a Muslim center...
...Among the 64 demands (which you can see in full below):
• Required diversity training for Greek organizations and groups recognized by the Student Government Association.
• An immediate response to hate speech or actions from university officials, including a consequence for the perpetrators.
• Penalties for groups that screen movies that “perpetuate false narratives and stereotypes” of Muslims.
• Acknowledgment during every campus event that “this is indigenous land,” along with efforts to “officially recognize the tribe or nation whose land upon which the University of Maryland is built.”
• One room in each major building designated for prayer..."