Monday, February 20, 2017

R.I.P. JANE ROE/NORMA MCCORVEY: And this bit underscores the ethical issues involved in getting tog…

Instapundit » Blog Archive » R.I.P. JANE ROE/NORMA MCCORVEY: And this bit underscores the ethical issues involved in getting tog…:
"R.I.P. JANE ROE/NORMA MCCORVEY: 
And this bit underscores the ethical issues involved in getting together plaintiffs for public interest litigation:
Years later, Ms. McCorvey expressed bitterness at what she described as her attorneys’ unwillingness to help her find what she needed — an abortion, even an illegal one.

“Sarah sat right across the table from me at Columbo’s pizza parlor, and I didn’t know until two years ago that she had had an abortion herself,” Ms. McCorvey told the New York Times in 1994. “When I told her then how desperately I needed one, she could have told me where to go for it. But she wouldn’t because she needed me to be pregnant for her case.”

“Sarah saw these cuts on my wrists, my swollen eyes from crying,” she continued, “the miserable person sitting across from her, and she knew she had a patsy. She knew I wouldn’t go outside of the realm of her and Linda. I was too scared. It was one of the most hideous times of my life.”
It’s not like Sarah Weddington would have become a heroine of feminism if she’d actually helped the woman sitting across the table from her."

No comments: