Saturday, April 15, 2017

Worth your time-----I Know You’re Mad at United but… (Thoughts from a Pilot Wife About Flight 3411) – The Pilot Wife Life

I Know You’re Mad at United but… (Thoughts from a Pilot Wife About Flight 3411) – The Pilot Wife Life:
"If there’s one thing I have learned over the years, it’s that there are always two sides to every story.
On April 9th, a very unfortunate incident played out on United Flight 3411, the video of which has since gone viral causing a mass social media uprising with an ‘off-with-their-heads’ mentality.
I mean, across the board. 
Image result for ual friendly skiesFire ’em all and let the gods sort it out later.
Look, I get it. 
When I first saw the video I was appalled too. 
To say that it was inflammatory would be putting it mildly. 
But it was also a situation that was escalated far beyond the boundaries of necessity.
...I’m not here to dispute the facts of 3411 with you. 
I am not interested in getting into an argument of opinion with anyone. 
We’re all entitled to our own. 
I’m not arguing that what happened wasn’t completely terrible–it was, on multiple levels. But I am suggesting that the general public take another look at the situation, ask a few more questions, gather a few more facts, and then create a less hostile and more intellectually wrought opinion about what happened.
Because the media is giving you just enough information to keep you enraged–enough to keep their ratings up.
Things to consider:
1) “You can’t just kick a paying customer off the plane!” Psssst! It’s in the fine print. They can, indeed, do just that..."
Read on, much more!

No comments: