Saturday, July 01, 2017

Reagan Biographer: GOP Must Retain Trump’s Blue-Collar Voters or ‘Democrats Will Run This Country for 50 Years’

Reagan Biographer: GOP Must Retain Trump’s Blue-Collar Voters or ‘Democrats Will Run This Country for 50 Years’:

Image result for ronald reagan"“I knew Ronald Reagan had brought us back from the dead before, so I thought I’d look and see how he did it, and I learned that everything I knew about Reagan was wrong, that he was much more of a populist than he had been given credit, and that’s what allowed him to attract the Reagan Democrats that put him in the White House and let him change America and the world,” he said.

Marlow cited a passage of the book which explains that Reagan forged a bond with white working-class voters from the Democrats’ New Deal coalition who were concerned with rising crime and taxes in the Sixties and Seventies, and the lack of respect for American virtues shown by the Sixties cultural revolutionaries."

No comments: