- 1777 - The Battle of Saratoga was won by American soldiers during the Revolutionary War.
- 1876 - Melville R. Bissell patented the carpet sweeper.
- 1970 - "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" premiered on CBS-TV.
- 1982 - Scott Fahlman became the first person to use :-) in an online message.
- 1984 - China and Britain completed a draft agreement transferring Hong Kong from British to Chinese rule by 1997.
- 1986 - U.S. health officials announced that AZT, though an experimental drug, would be made available to AIDS patients.
- 1995 - The U.S. Senate passed a welfare overhaul bill.
Sunday, September 19, 2021
Saturday, September 18, 2021
The government will no longer protect you. -----New York Gov. Hochul orders immediate release of 191 inmates from Rikers Island | The Post Millennial
- "It doesn't make us any safer," Hochul said during a press conference Friday. "These people weren't a danger in the first place."
...The bill prevents parolees from being locked up again for violating technical conditions of their supervised release, but does not take effect until March 2022...Read all.
Doctor in leaked video says hospital's COVID-19 messaging should be 'more scary for the public': 'You don't get vaccinated, you know you're gonna die' - TheBlaze
"I don't understand why the government's passion to vaccinate doesn't extend to migrants.
- Apparently the real point here is simply to force the entire population as serfs to obey the ruler's arbitrarily and capriciously issued rules.
Mayor tells school board members to resign or 'be charged' after saying judge confirmed 'child pornography' was part of high school's college-credit course - TheBlaze
They've been faking the numbers from the start!-----COVID Hospitalization Numbers Can Be Misleading - The Atlantic
- A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.
- ...there are many COVID patients in the hospital with fairly mild symptoms, too, who have been admitted for further observation on account of their comorbidities, or because they reported feeling short of breath.
- Another portion of the patients in this tally are in the hospital for something unrelated to COVID, and discovered that they were infected only because they were tested upon admission.
- the media,
- Silicon Valley,
- Wall Street,
- the civil service,
- the unions,
- most professional organizations, and
- corporate boardrooms.
- Even the top military brass trip over themselves flaunting their woke credentials...
"...This backstabbing creep dared say:
“And we have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come not only across borders, but from violence that gathers within. There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home. But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit. And it is our continuing duty to confront them.” his scuzzy slander of Trump supporters is no secret.
Liz Cheney, though, thought it was great...Read all!
There have been over 400 arrests stemming from the January 6 riot that has incorrectly been dubbed an armed insurrection.
...In the meantime, some of the jail sentences prosecutors are gunning for are outrageous.
- 1759 - The French formally surrendered Quebec to the British.
- 1789 - Alexander Hamilton negotiated and secured the first loan for the United States. The Temporary Loan of 1789 was repaid on June 8, 1790 at the sum of $191,608.81.
- 1793 - U.S. President George Washington laid the actual cornerstone of the U.S. Capitol.
- 1850 - The Fugitive Slave Act was declared by the U.S. Congress. The act allowed slave owners to claim slaves that had escaped into other states.
- 1947 - The United States Air Force was established as a separate military branch by the National Security Act.
- 1981 - A museum honoring former U.S. President Ford was dedicated in Grand Rapids, MI.
Friday, September 17, 2021
The Border Patrol is struggling to deal with what may be the worst migrant humanitarian crisis in the agency’s history. The local Border Patrol stations and processing facilities have reached capacity and can accept no more migrants. Available buses are being used to transport the migrants away but are not sufficient to meet the demands at present.
To say that the government has not been voluntarily forthcoming about its response to the COVID-19 pandemic would be to engage in massive understatement. Only a bevy of repeated FOIA requests filed by media and nonprofit organizations, combined with the incessant prying of the DRASTIC internet sleuths, have uncovered as much information as we now have. And what we have represents only a small fraction of the total: enormous portions — perhaps the majority — have been redacted, including entire lengthy emails.
We, ordinary members of the public, remain largely in the dark about what these men and women did and said to each other as they scrambled to formulate a public response to the largest public health emergency in recent memory.
Exclusive — Rep. Nancy Mace: All House Democrats Voted Against Survey of Weapons Left in Afghanistan
- “What did we leave behind?” she asked.
- “What was its value?
- What national security risks do we have by what we left behind in Afghanistan and not knowing that information?”
"Smith & Wesson knows that sometimes the world can be a cold and dark place for us, but reminds viewers to bring warmth and light to those around us to make things a little better for everyone.