Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home science under attack


Home science under attack
"Pamela Wilderman, the code enforcement officer for Marlboro, stated, 'I think Mr. Deeb has crossed a line somewhere. This is not what we would consider to be a customary home occupation.'
Allow me to translate Ms. Wilderman's words into plain English: 'Mr. Deeb hasn't actually violated any law or regulation that I can find, but I don't like what he's doing because I'm ignorant and irrationally afraid of chemicals, so I'll abuse my power to steal his property and shut him down.'
..... It appears that Deeb has grounds for a nice juicy lawsuit here.
There's a lesson here for all of us .... The government is not our friend. Massachusetts is the prototypical nanny state, of course, but the other 49 aren't far behind. ........ There's a word for what just happened in Massachusetts. Tyranny."

Do NOT forget this lesson!
The incredible expansion of government at EVERY level has coincided with a similar expansion of moronic government employees who abuse and expand their power over ALL of us!

(thanks to Atlanta Lou for this depressing article)

No comments: