Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What It Will Take to Build a Rightroots Movement | The Next Right

What It Will Take to Build a Rightroots Movement The Next Right: "Put more succinctly, I've had people tell me conservative bloggers feel 'dirty' asking for money. This sense of modesty and restraint is not felt by the likes of Daily Kos, MyDD, and Open Left. Note the huge blue fundraising graphics that are the first thing you see when you visit their sites. And I'm sure you're probably thinking: 'Well, we don't want to be like Kos.' Well, if not being like Kos means not winning, then I certainly can appreciate the intellectual rectitude at play here. But for those of you who want to move the Republican Party in a different direction, you might want to try something else.
Ace encapsulates the right's reluctance to engage electorally, and what I suspect is going to be the rude awakening that comes as a result of that approach:
I never was all that big into this idea. I think it's now necessary if we're ever going to start winning like we used to.
The GOP needs to do its part, too. It shouldn't be up to John Hawkins to compile a list of House GOP challengers. The GOP needs a permanent online liaison, not just charged with sending out press releases and that sort of thing, but with providing information about candidates -- who's vulnerable, who's a solid challenger, etc."

No comments: