Sunday, January 30, 2011

GOP State Convention bummer - Lt Gov Brian Calley has sour grapes

theblogprof: GOP State Convention bummer - Lt Gov Brian Calley has sour grapes
"So Brian Calley makes a speech at the State Convention today.

I’ll set aside for now that his speech was almost identical to the one that he gave in August, a fact that did not impress anyone irrespective of the speech’s quality.
But it’s how he started his speech that raised an eyebrow.
I was certainly not alone.
I’m paraphrasing here, but Calley started out by saying “Good morning.
This is is a better morning than the last time we met. I don’t think anyone is running against me here.”

It was a slight at the tea party that 1) nominated their own candidate for Lt Gov at the GOP Convention in August, and 2) turned the state red.
Not classy, but apparently Calley."

Anyone in Michigan state government who still doesn't get it is gonna "get it" soon.

No comments: