Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dude, Where’s My Hate Crime?

The PJ Tatler » Dude, Where’s My Hate Crime?
Dude, Where’s My Hate Crime?
Since the country is busy condemning whites for the shooting of a black kid by a Hispanic man, you may have missed this story — admittedly a few weeks old–tucked neatly into a corner of the New York Daily News:
A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head.
The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said.

Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.
According to the report, while setting the kid on fire, the teens said, “This is what you deserve.
You get what you deserve, white boy.”

I am not exaggerating when I say that there was not a word about this story in the national press.
I searched, and the only stories I could find were the write up in the Daily News mentioned above and, oddly, a story in the Daily Mail, a British paper.
Nothing from the New York Times, AP, Reuters, UPI, etc.
If any reader can produce a story about this sadistic attack that was actually published or mentioned in a national outlet, let me know.
I’m only human; I may have missed it.
I welcome being proved wrong about this, because I’m about ready to fold up my tent, quit civilization, and go find myself a comfy cave in Borneo to live in.
This country is, like a bad calculus problem, rapidly approaching zero.

No comments: