Saturday, April 26, 2014

Parent to Obama: Let me tell you about the Common Core test Malia and Sasha don’t have to take but Eva does

Parent to Obama: Let me tell you about the Common Core test Malia and Sasha don’t have to take but Eva does:
"Dear President Obama,

We have something very important in common: daughters in the seventh grade.
Since your family walked onto the national stage in 2007, I’ve had a feeling that our younger daughters have a lot in common, too.

Like my daughter Eva, Sasha appears to be a funny, smart, loving girl, who has no problem speaking her mind, showing her feelings, or tormenting her older sister.

There is, however, one important difference between them: Sasha attends private school, while Eva goes to public school.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully support your decision to send Malia and Sasha to private school, where it is easier to keep them safe and sheltered.
I would have done the same.
But because she is in private school, Sasha does not have to take Washington’s standardized test, the D.C. CAS, which means you don’t get a parent’s-eye view of the annual high-stakes tests taken by most of America’s children."


No comments: