Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How they "think"-----Stanford Dean for Religious Life claims churches should focus less on religion, more on art

Stanford Dean for Religious Life claims churches should focus less on religion, more on art - EAGnews.org:
"STANFORD, Calif. – The church needs to focus more on art and less on religion and converting people in an effort to become less “churchy,” according to Stanford University’s Dean for Religious Life, The Very Reverend Dr. Jane Shaw.
“I think people are always slightly surprised that I’m not very churchy as a person,” Shaw told the Palo Alto Online in an interview.
“I don’t think church is to be more churchy.
I think church is about, anyone should be welcome.
I’m really interested in how you welcome many different kind of constituencies, certainly not convert them, not even necessarily to do religion all the time.”"

No comments: