Sunday, June 26, 2016

Texas woman sounds British after surgery

Texas woman sounds British after surgery
ROSENBERG, TX - Cheerio!
A mother of three has been diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder which causes her to speak with a British accent.
Six months ago, jaw surgery to correct an overbite changed Lisa Alamia’s speech.
“They are always asking me how my mom got that accent,” Kylie Alamia said about her mom, Lisa.
Despite her accent, Alamia is 100% Texan.
“People who don’t know me, they’re like, 'Hey, where are you from?'" Alamia said.
“I’m from Rosenberg.
They’re like, 'Where is that?'
I’m like, 'Right here in Rosenberg.'
 'Oh, you’re from here?
How do you talk like that?'
So that’s where the whole story comes up.”
Alamia's oldest daughter, Kayla, said she thought her mother was joking around when she started speaking.
“But then she showed me that the doctor diagnosed her with foreign accent syndrome.
Then I was like, 'Oh, Lord.,” Kayla said..."

No comments: