Saturday, October 15, 2016

Teachers answer mandatory ‘White Privilege Survey’ in Colorado schools

Teachers answer mandatory ‘White Privilege Survey’ in Colorado schools | EAGnews.org
AURORA, Colo. – The Cherry Creek School District is forcing employees to gauge their “white privilege” with a controversial survey, and many aren’t very happy about it.
Several employees contacted The Denver Channel after district officials forced them to take a “White Privilege Survey” that tasks them with weighting 26 different statements – scoring statements a five if it’s often true, a three if sometimes true, and zero if rarely or never true.
A handwritten note on a copy provided by an employee to the news site reads “9-23-16 Equity Staff meeting.”
The statements include:
I can be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of hassle-free renting or purchasing in an area I which I want to live.
I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured I will not be followed or harassed.
I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the newspaper and see people of my race widely and positively represented.
When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilization,” I am shown that people of my race made it what it is.
I can go into most supermarkets and find the staple foods which fit with my racial/ethnic traditions; I can go into any hairdresser’s shop and find someone who can cut my hair. …
Cherry Creek School District spokeswoman Tustin Amole said the district has used the survey for diversity training on “opportunity gaps” between students of different races since 2003, and noted that 45 percent of the district’s students are not white.
The Pacific Educational Group, a radical left consulting company that promotes the white privilege perspective on society through six figure teacher training sessions once listed the Cherry Creek district among its clients on its website..."

No comments: