Sunday, November 20, 2016

"I understand you’re angry. I understand you’re disappointed. I understand you feel like you don’t know your country anymore. But I need you to understand something.

Fans of Best of the Web Today:-David P. Bossy--Pretty good personal statement that I am reposting…
"I understand you’re angry.
I understand you’re disappointed.
I understand you feel like you don’t know your country anymore.
But I need you to understand something.
It’s how I felt when you helped elect Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.
Believe it or not, I thought he was pretty-dangerous too. 
I thought he held some pretty radical points of view, too.
Most of all, I dreaded what he had in mind for our country’s direction. 
And you know what? 
He succeeded in fomenting, presiding over, and implementing so much of what I feared.

  • My sister-in-law called two days before the election devastated her family of five’s private health insurance policy jumped $500 a month.
  • I’ve watched cops protested and assassinated while American cities roil and burn. 
  • I’ve watched people tie up traffic and “occupy” streets and places of business.
  • I’ve seen a chicken sandwich restaurant attacked because its founder supports traditional marriage and a beer company attacked because its owner supports a Republican candidate.
  • Some of my favorite comedians have complained their comedy is no longer welcome on college campuses because what was once a punch line is now “dangerous speech.” 
  • My favorite entertainers suggest because I don’t support their candidate, I’m somehow a racist, sexist, or a homophobe.
  • I’ve been told tougher screening of certain groups tied to terrorism and more secure borders is somehow anti -American while watching our citizens gunned down by radical jihadists is dismissed as “random acts” of “workplace violence.”
  • It took hacked emails to discover the nation’s media works directly with one of the nation’s major political parties to manipulate coverage of their opponents and curry favor for their chosen nominee.
  • College students now account for over a trillion dollars in student loan debt, while job prospects for them remain slim and low paying...."

Read it all!

No comments: